Saturday, June 7, 2014

One Day More

Sorry for the title; it is just my musical theatre nerd side. (It is a song from Les Miserables.) ANYWAY, we leave tomorrow! I can't believe how fast time has flown since I first found out I was accepted into the Onward Israel program. If you know me you know that I am still not fully packed, and that deciding which precious items of clothing to leave behind has been weighing heavily on my mind for days. I mean I am packing for two whole months! But then of course you have to think about all of the shopping that I am sure to be doing throughout those two months...and this is the vicious packing cycle I have been in all week.

Since my last post, I have gotten a few more "About Me" responses from the other interns. It is still not everyone, but this gives you a pretty good idea of the diverse group of interns we have! Just to remind you, these are the questions I asked each of them to answer:

1. Where do you go to school, what year, and what major?
2. What is your internship?
3. What are you most excited for?
4. What are you most anxious/nervous for?

Aaron Frankel:
1. I'm a rising sophomore studying business and political science.
2. I will be interning with a consulting company.
3. I'm really excited to get some experience in the business world while exploring Israel.
4. I wouldn't say I'm really nervous about anything, but I'm not sure how well I'll be able to navigate the city.





Shira Spiegel:
1. I'm a senior at Tulane University double majoring in Education and Jewish Studies.
2. I am interning at Chimes working with Special Needs kids.
3. I am most excited for the experience of living in Israel and immersing in the culture as well as making friends and seeing all of my Israeli friends. I am also very excited for my internship and to gain more experience working with children with special needs.
4. I'm most nervous about my Hebrew abilities. I have a hunch that the students I will be working with will not know English, so I will have to talk to them in my limited Hebrew. I am excited for the chance to hopefully improve my knowledge and ability to speak in Hebrew but also very nervous for how I will do.

Nikki Fisher:
1. Tulane University, rising senior, majoring in Studio Art with a minor in sociology and Jewish studies.
2. I will be interning for MTV Israel.
3. I am most excited for my internship and to get to experience living in Israel in a more permanent and less touristic way.
4. I am a little nervous at my lack of memory on my Hebrew.





Emily Gilgoff:
1. Ohio University, junior, communication studies
2. English On Stage Theater Company
3. I am most excited to travel and explore.
4. I'm a little nervous to live abroad.







L'hitraot,

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment